I stumbled across a Coffee Porter by Real Ale Brewing Company that was fantastic! Since it is a porter and it contained coffee naturally I thought about tasting it with chocolate. It went extremely well and I decided to find out if there were other types of beer that paired well with chocolate too. To my surprise there were many! With a few friends I experimented with several and have come up with some of our favorites for you to try. If you can’t find the Russian porter we tried, most any porter will work. We tried one by Anchor Brewing Company and it paired very well with milk and dark chocolate. Try the selection of beers with Milk, Dark and White Chocolate Covered Mini Cookie Cakes with a Simple Raspberry Sauce or your favorite chocolate dessert! If you have a favorite please let me know I am always searching for great beers! Cheers!
- St. Peter’s Cream Stout – UK (Pairs best with white chocolate.)
- Breckenridge Brewery Remarkable Vanilla Porter – Denver, CO (Pairs best with white chocolate, but does go with milk chocolate too.)
- Baltika Porter – Russia (Pairs best with white or dark chocolate.)
- Coffee Porter by Real Ale Brewing Company – Blanco, TX (Outstanding on its own and pairs best with milk or dark chocolate.)
- Pipeline Porter with 100% Hawaiian Kona Coffee by Kona Brewery –Kona,HI (Pairs best with milk or dark chocolate.)